Saturday, May 11, 2013

Beachwear



I took a class trip to Nantucket last week for four days. We had the most incredible weather, and spent a good portion of time at the beach. We searched for shells (I made windchimes from these shells for mother's day), explored, swam, and played music by the campfire.

There's a certain Nantucket clothing style that can almost be summed up in one word: expensive.
Being an island, the style is of course nautical-inspired. Stripes, blues and reds and whites, delicate sweaters, boat shoes, you get the picture. Typical preppy. The kind of clothing that goes along with Vampire Weekend.
I like the preppy style, but it's not for me at all. I wore these highwaisted black shorts (Nordstrom Rack), a leather belt (American Eagle), a red and white striped shirt (Nordstrom Rack, and a hat (a gift from a lovely friend). Channelling preppy without actually being there. I think this'll be one of my 'recycle outfits,' one that I wear again and again.







No comments:

Post a Comment